How can I make my NETGEAR Orbi router an access point?
When you configure your NETGEAR Orbi router to make it an access point, the internet is accessed from the Netgear Orbi router instead of the WiFi on your existing router. If you want to configure your NETGEAR router to act as an access point, read this guide to know the complete steps.
Follow the below steps to make your NETGEAR Orbi an access point:-
- First of all you need to connect your Orbi router and LAN of existing router with an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your device to the router network and ensure that the internet is working
- Next you need to open a web browser on your computer, mobile or whichever device you’re using.
- You have to access the orbilogin web address i.e. orbilogin.com through the URL/ address bar.
- This address will direct you to the Orbi login Screen.
- Type the default admin username and password. You can check the default username and password from the backside label of your Orbi router.
- The default Orbi username is admin and password is password. Both of them are case sensitive terms.
- Click on the Login button to prompt the BASIC Home page.
- Here you need to select ADVANCED option> Advanced Setup option > Router / AP Mode.
- A page will open for Router / AP Mode.
- You’ll see an AP Mode radio button, click on it.
- The page will adjust to the IP Address setting:
- Dynamic from existing router: A new IP will be assigned to the NETGEAR orbi router from the other router on the network while this one is in AP mode.
- Use fixed IP Address: We do not recommend this. In this option you need to manually assign the IP address which requires an Advanced technical experience.
How to complete Orbi router setup?
If you have bought a new NETGEAR Orbi router or you are shifting the existing router to a new place. You can follow the below given steps to complete the Orbi Router Setup:-
- Start by unplugging your Internet modem. If it uses a battery then remove it.
- Shift the places. Then Plug the modem into the wall socket.
- With the help of Ethernet cable, connect your modem to the yellow Internet port on your Orbi router.
- Next you need to connect your Orbi router to a wall socket.
- When it is turned on its Power LED will lit solid white and then pulse white
- After that you need to place the Orbi satellite somewhere middle in the house to get the best WiFi coverage.
- Now connect the Orbi satellite to the wall socket.
- Similarly ensure that its Power LED of Orbi satellite lit once its turned On.
- It will pulse solid white, then white and then magenta. Refer to the below information on how LED indicators show the quality of strength they’re getting at the particular spot. Refer below:
- Solid Blue: That means a great signal.
- Solid Amber: You should try to move it more closer, maybe you have placed it too far.
- Solid Magenta: You should move it more closer as you have placed it too far and sync it again.
- After that you can connect your computer or smartphone with the Orbi Network.
- To connect to the WiFi network, enter the preset WiFi network name (SSID) and password. You can find it on a label pasted on the back of Orbi router.
- You can connect all your WiFi enabled computers or mobile devices.
- You can download the Orbi app or visit http://orbilogin.com to set up your Orbi WiFi network.
- Once the setup is complete the Orbi router’s ring LED turns off.