Orbi Mesh WIFI technology ensures your home or workplace with high-speed wireless networks. That is why Orbi has introduced a whole home Mesh networking system. It helps to cover the entire area of your home. One of such latest models by Netgear Orbi login is the Orbi RBS850 add-on satellite. It only works with Orbi RBK852, RBK 853, and RBR 850 Wireless Mesh Wi-Fi System. It is a Wi-Fi 6 enabled satellite.
Download the Orbi App to access the settings (RBS850)
- Go to the app store of your device and search for [Orbi App].
- When you find the app click to download it.
- It is called the Netgear Orbi app.
- Launch the app when the download finishes.
- Tap the home icon and click the option ADD Satellite.
- Finally, install the orbi satellite, follow the on-screen prompts. And you are good to go.
Connect your Orbi satellite RBS850 to the Orbi router
- Unplug the modem from the power outlet leaving the wall jack of the modem.
- Wall jack of your modem is to get internet services.
- If the modem uses a backup battery, then remove it also.
- Plugin back to the wall outlet and insert the removed batteries.
- Turn the modem by pressing the power button available at its back.
- Now the modem needs associations with the internet slot on your router.
- Generally, the internet slot is in yellow.
- The Ethernet cable is also yellow.
- Now, get a power adapter and connect it to the power slot of your router.
- Press the power button for 2 seconds and get the LED orbi purple light or white light solid.
Placing the Orbi RBS850 satellite
You will get an Orbi RBS850 satellite with the Orbi RBK850 router login system. And as we power on the router and the satellite. The satellite automatically connects to the router. It happens by the process of synchronization. If we bought a satellite separately, we should synchronize it manually to the router.
- The first step in this process is to place the satellite at an appropriate distance.
- Only then your synchronization process will become successful.
- You can take the help of satellite LED’s to get the status.
- If you have a single-story house, place the satellite in the middle of your home.
- Means, place the router in your bedroom.
- And then the satellite at the midway of the router and the no signal or weak signal area.
- If you are living in a multi-story building, then place the router on the middle floor.
- Keep the satellite to the ground or on the top floor to receive a better signal experience.
Orbi RBS850 Sync with RBR850
- Place the satellite close to your router and connect it to the power source.
- Then turn it on by pressing the power button on the satellite.
- The ring LED of the satellite will start flashing white which means it is fully powered.
- Now, the satellite will try to connect with the WIFI network of your router automatically.
- The satellite will try to sync with the router and will find the router’s WIFI signal.
Have a look at Orbi satellite Ring LED
- Blue: – The router and the satellite have synchronized. There is a good connection between them.
- Amber: – The sync process is successful, but consider moving your satellite closer to the router.
- Magenta: – The sync process between your router and satellite failed. In this case, follow the whole process from the beginning. Bring the satellite a little closer to the router.
Press the sync button on your satellite. And within two-minute press the sync button on your router as well. Repeat the entire process from step one to complete installation for the orbi router login and orbi setup.
If the sync process fails, reset your Orbi WIFI system
There are many ways by which you can reset your Orbi WIFI system. All the Orbi WIFI routers and other devices have this reset button. Reset Orbi WIFI will delete all wireless settings on your device, like IP addresses, DNS details, WIFI orbi admin password, etc. Follow the instructions below to complete the Orbi RBS50 and RBK50 reset.
- First, verify that your devices are powered. Plug them into a power source.
- Locate a reset button that is at the back or on the side of your router.
- Take a paper clip or any similar object, and press the button for 10 seconds.
- After ten seconds, release the button, and the router will gear up in a few seconds.
- In this method, turn on the router or press the power button available at the rear of your Orbi device.
- When the router LEDs are on, you can perform the reset process.
- Now, locate the wireless or WPS button on your Orbi device.
- Press and hold the WPS button with your fingers for about 2 seconds.
- When you see that the power LEDs are blinking, release the WPS button.
The router will restart within a few seconds. And the power LED will blink red. As the router restarts, it will take a few seconds to complete the reset. Read the in-depth information about the three best reset processes. These are simple and sophisticated to implement.