This article will give you the information needed to update Orbi RBK53 firmware via Orbilogin.com. Orbi RBK53 Wi-Fi system can be updated automatically or manually. This guide will provide you step by step instructions on both options. You will get all the new features by updating the Orbi RBK53 firmware.
It is recommended to run Netgear Orbi RBK53 firmware update when it’s available on your Wi-Fi router. Some models check and update the firmware automatically, while some others need to do the process manually. The Orbi firmware update task can take 5 to 10 minutes. Please follow the below-mentioned tips and notes before starting the process.
- Only wired connections must be used to complete the Orbi RBK53 Firmware update.
- Never press the Reset button in the middle of the process.
- All the devices will be offline during the update.
- Never do it manually without appropriate knowledge of the process.
- The default URL for Orbi login is Orbilogin.com or https://Orbilogin.com
- While updating the firmware, do not press the power button of the router.
- Once the update is completed, you will need to connect your wireless devices again on the Orbi home network. Use the same Wi-Fi details for login.
- Tablets and Smartphones cannot be used for this process.
- Wireless Connections must not be used for the update process.
Automatic Orbi RBK53 Firmware Update
Follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the Orbi RBK53 Firmware Update automatically through Orbilogin.com:
- Connect your device to the Orbi Home Wi-Fi network and open any web browser on the device.
- Open the default Orbilogin URL i.e.,Orbilogin.com or www.Orbilogin.com from the browser.
- On the login page, enter the Orbi admin username and Orbi admin password of the router. Do not use Wi-Fi credentials in the admin password field.
- On the Orbi dashboard, click on the Administration option that will lead you to the Firmware Update page.
- On this page, there are two options:
- Online Update
- Manual Update
- The details of your Orbi RBK53 model and the version of the current firmware of the Orbi RBK53 router and each satellite can be found in the Online Update option. Click the Check button to get the information on the latest version of the firmware. Click on Update All to run the update process.
- You will have to wait for up to 5 minutes for the update to be completed.
- The router will start rebooting within the process. Once the LED Orbi blinking white light of the router are stable, you need to connect your wireless device again.
- After completing the update process, you can see the current firmware version details on the Online Update screen.
Manual Orbi RBK53 Firmware Update
You need to keep in mind the following point while updating the Orbi RBK53 firmware manually:
- Do not download the wrong version of the Orbi firmware because it can damage your router permanently. Visit Netgear Support Page to get the right version of the firmware.
- The Orbi RBK53 firmware update may take up to 5 minutes. Do not reset or power off your router in between the update process.
- The new version must save in .img and .chk versions only.
- Never download the Orbi RBK53 firmware version from any third-party websites.
To run the manual update process, please follow the below-given steps:
- Download the latest version from the Netgear Download Centerand save it in .img format.
- Now, go to the Manual tab where you can see the current firmware version details of the satellite.
- Click on the Update button, then enter the router login credentials, such as router username and Orbi RBK53 admin password.
- Now, click on the Browse button and upload the file that you have downloaded.
- Click on Upload to start the update process.
- It may take up to 5 minutes. Your Orbi router will restart a few times during this process.
- Once the update process is completed, please visit the Netgear Support Page to recheck the latest version of the firmware.
The update is now complete. You will now get the latest features and security of the Orbi RBK53 service.
Common Issues in the update process
- Unable to Login to the Orbi RBK53 Login page.
- The link Orbilogin.com is not working.
- The correct version of the Orbi RBK53 firmware is not found.
- Displaying a failed message while updating.
- Unable to access the dashboard for the update.
- After the update, devices are not connecting.
- Update Failed.
- Login Page not working.
- Website links (https://Orbilogin.com or www.Orbi RBK53logi.com) not responding.
- Not able to login with the current Orbilogin admin password.
Handling the Orbi RBK53 firmware update failure
To ensure the efficient operating of Orbi RBK53, it is advised to update the firmware as soon as a new version is available. The router and the satellite both are made to update the firmware automatically but, sometimes, they may fail to do so. It may lead to numerous issues.
In general, these issues may happen due to poor internet connectivity. Luckily, the failure error can resolve by following a few steps and tips.
- Power Cycle the router and satellite
Follow the below steps to do the power cycle:
- Switch off the power socket on which you have plugged in your Orbi RBK53 device.
- Disconnect all the cables between the router and the satellite.
- Wait for a few minutes, then connect the router and satellite again and turn on both the devices.
- Relocate the Orbi RBK53 Satellite
Keep your satellite in a neat and clean area. Try to place it near the router. It will ensure that the satellite is receiving proper Wi-Fi signals to perform the updates. Also, keep your Orbi RBK53 device away from conflict-creating items, for example, Bluetooth devices, baby monitors, cordless phones, alarms, and so on.
- Check your internet connectivity
Check if the speed of your Wi-Fi network is sufficient for the update. In case of a poor network, the router will not be able to update the firmware.
And there you are! You have successfully updated the Netgear Orbi Firmware. In case you are facing any errors, do not hesitate to get in touch with our technical support team that will help you resolve the issue as soon as it can be.
per your needs.