If your Netgear Orbi AC2200 Router default password is not working, use the configured password. The configured password is that password you create after the first login to your router. If you do not remember the configured password, reset the router to its factory default settings. A factory reset for the Orbi router login requires a small paperclip, a pen, or a toothpick end to push and hold the small tiny restore factory settings button, which is available at the bottom of your router. You can implement the process can be implemented successfully if the router is powered. The power LED light of your router should be Orbi blinking white or blue, depending upon the model number of your router.
Reset the router to the factory default configuration
- When the router is powered, you need to press the Restore Factory Settings.
- Press the reset button for 15 to 20 seconds, and then release.
- When you release the button after 15 to 20 seconds, your Orbi login AC2200 Router will restart automatically.
- If the LED lights of the router turn solid white or green, your router has reset.
- It is now in its factory default configuration with the default password and username.
Change the Orbi AC2200 Router password
After the Orbi router reset, we all need to change its username and password. Leaving the router on its default login credentials is not a good idea. It can prompt hackers to hack your system and other precious data. So, after reset, change your default login credentials.
- Open the setup page of your Orbilogin AC2200 router using its default IP address, such as 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or Orbilogin.com.
- For the authentication window, you have to enter the default username and password of your Orbilogin AC2200 router.
- When you reach the web interface of your router, Go to Wireless >> Security Options>> Select>> WPA2-PSK [AES].
- Now, you need to enter your preferred password in the Passphrase section.
- Apply changes by tapping the SAVE option.
- After that, the router will reboot to make your Wi-Fi changes come into effect.
Change the username of your Orbi login AC2200 Router
The SSID of your router is a fancy term for your router network name. You might know that all Wi-Fi routers networks are unique and recognized by a sequence of digits, numbers, or characters. Keep the network name or the SSID of your router to something unique and memorable.
- You have to enter the IP address of your Wi-Fi router into the Addy of your favorite web browser.
- Now the next screen requires you to go through with an authentication process.
- You are to log in with the default username and password.
- After that, hit or click on the Setup page.
- Then select your router Wireless Settings.
- Next, you should type in your new network SSID.
- Save the created settings by you and wait for your router to restart.
Orbi login AC2200- Default IP address is not working
When you reset the router to its factory default configuration, the IP address of your Orbi login AC2200 router will also reset. You should try Orbilogin.com or http:192.168.1.1. Two web addresses that only work, assuming both the web addresses do at all, on your local Wi-Fi network. And use it only on your Netgear Orbi device.
If the above steps do not work, find the default gateway IP address to ascertain the default gateway on your Orbi router login AC2200 router network. It is also known as the IP address for the router.
Update the firmware of your Orbi Router
NETGEAR Orbi releases new firmware versions regularly to improve its product performance and add all the latest features. When you log in to your Orbilogin AC2200 router, you will see a message popping at the top of the Orbi router login window, which means a new firmware version has been released. To update the firmware of your router, reply to that message. Or you can manually update firmware.
To check and update the new firmware on your router:
You need to connect a device like a computer to your Orbi login AC2200 router’s wireless network.
Netgear recommends connecting your configuring device and router using an Ethernet cable to operate the firmware update process.
- You are required to launch a web browser from the configuration device connected to your Orbi login AC2200 router.
- Some popular web browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
- Then, type in Orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1 in the Addy of the browser to explore the Orbi router login window.
- As soon as you hit enter or click the Search button, a login window displays.
- In this login window, enter some login credentials.
- These are the username and passwords of your Netgear Orbi router.
- If you want to use the default username and password, use orbi admin password.
- The user name and password are case-sensitive, so use them carefully, and click OK.
- The Smart Wizard setup screen will display instantly.
- You should now go under the Maintenance section and click the Router Upgrade option.
Next, you should click the Check button. Make sure that a new Orbi router login firmware version has been released. If a new firmware is available, you must click the Yes button to upload the firmware update. Follow the on-screen instructions to update your Wi-Fi router firmware.