In your Orbi RBK30 router satellite, you get a primary router inside the package. Then you get a satellite. The Orbi RBK30 satellite is your secondary device. It gets connected with the modem provided by the internet service provider. The other two or three satellite units will broadcast WIFI around the walls. The next question is, how many satellites can I use in a mesh WIFI system?
It relies on the size of your house. There is no limit to using satellites in a single. You can add satellites to the Orbilogin.com network as per your requirements. Although it is just an estimate, you can even increase or decrease the number of Orbi devices to create a smooth WIFI coverage. After the Netgear Orbi setup, primary and secondary devices, devices will communicate.
Orbi RBK30 install and Setup
- Unbox your new Netgear Orbi RBK30 router and the satellite.
- Unplug the existing modem, and turn it off.
- Connect your Netgear Orbi router and the modem using the given Ethernet cable.
- The two devices will link through their WAN ports.
- Now, attach a power adapter with your router’s power slot. The power slot is at the back of your router.
- Then, insert the power adapter into the power source of your home. Never turn on the router until you connect a computer to it.
- Take the second Ethernet cable and insert the computer with your RBK 30 Mesh router’s LAN port, and the other mouth of this Ethernet cable will go into the LAN slot of the computer.
- Now connect the computer to the power slot.
Turn on the devices
- Turn on the devices and use an Ethernet cable. First of all, press the power button at the back of the router and switch on the power outlet.
- Your Orbi colour LED will indicate that the router has geared up to use.
- Then, turn the modem connecting its power line adapters.
- Also, insert the backup batteries if required, or the modem has.
- Now turn on the computer. Then connect it to the internet connection to perform configuration.
- Launch a web browser and enter the required details, like username and password.
- Admin is the username for the required core of the action. Password is password only.
- Hit the enter button by scrolling down the page.
You are at the Orbilogin default configuration page of your router. After Orbilogin, let us move on to the Orbi firmware update process.
Orbi firmware update to the router (RBK30 Router)
Download the firmware for your orbi router from the support site of Netgear Download Center or visit www.orbilogin.com. Download the file according to the model of your Orbi RBK30 mesh router. The downloaded file will be in zipped form. You need to unzip this file using some appropriate tool. Then save the file on your connected device.
- Go to Advanced>Administration>Firmware Update>Manual Update.
- And the firmware update page will flash on the screen.
- Click BROWSE tab>Locate the saved firmware file that ends with .img on your desktop.
- Click Upload, and upload the Orbi firmware file.
- Wait for the required processing time to complete the update process.
- Click YES to continue, and then the orbi firmware update to your RBK30 router will finish.
Orbi satellite firmware update (RBK30)
Download the latest version of the Orbi firmware file available for your Orbi satellite for the RBW30 satellite. And then unzip the file using the same tool used for the router. Save the file on your desktop and log in to your Orbi router using the computer connected to the router. Launch a web browser. Use admin to enter in the authentication field.
- Select the checkbox which is next to your satellite model name.
- And do the followings; Advanced>>Administration>>Firmware Update
- Click the “Update Button” under the MANUAL UPDATE section of Firmware Update.
- And the Orbit firmware update for the RBK30 router page will display on the screen.
- If the browser asks to enter the username and orbi default password, enter the same username and password in the required field.
- Click UPLOAD, and as the Orbi firmware update process begins, wait till it finishes.
- Then click STATUS and cross-check the firmware version on the page as the firmware update completes.
Orbi satellite reset to factory default settings
Orbi satellite reset process will erase all the personalised settings of your satellite and will un-sync the router and satellites from each other. Pair and reconfigure the main router and the satellites you have set to factory default settings. Begin, make sure that all units are powered.
- Using a paper clip or similar object, press and hold the satellite reset button until the power LED on your orbi device blinks amber.
- It may take 10 to 20 seconds. Do not leave the button unless the LED starts flashing amber.
- As the LED starts blinking, relieve the satellite reset button.
- Repeat this process on all of your Orbi devices and wait for them to reboot.
- That’s it! Now, your Orbi login system is ready to be reconfigured.
- Use the default user details to log in to your primary orbi router. And then sync all of the Orbi satellites you want to connect to your mesh network.
You can position these Mesh devices throughout the entire home to eliminate dead spots. Netgear Orbi setup and Orbilogin.com make it more unembellished to set up and install your orbi mesh networking system. Orbi login network takes you up directly on the Orbi setup page. In the following guide, you will learn how to build a mesh networking process in your home. And it will spread WIFI coverage all-around your home. Before we initiate, install the Netgear orbi app because it makes your mesh networking setup effortless and quick. The Orbi app is unadorned to use and helps you to monitor your mesh devices.